Friday, June 8, 2007

A True Story..

I used to play Counter-Strike. It use to be what i did most, this was until a few weeks ago. So much time and effort. Hours upon hours of so called enjoyment. So much so that the maps began to feel like a room around me. Almost as if i would enter another world and for some reason brought me a temporary euphoria. Everyone told me I was crazy, some even said it was if it were a cult. Yet, its not possible to explain why i would play. I remember myself patiently waiting behind the wall waiting them to arrive and fire my shots bang into their head. I can't forget those beautiful maps, breaking through passages searching for the site to plant my bomb and to say, "Bomb has been planted". I loved throwing off grenades & rattling with AK-47. I always use to say one thing about the game -Think Fast, Act Right Or DIE HARD.. I never knew what I was up to.. I trained my self for hours to survive, to become the Best and to become untraceable. I was devoted... devoted to gaming on LAN. I was fighting for one dream - to conquer CS1.6 on LAN and to claim revenge. And now I quit this never ending game. Although this of which you just read is barely a fragment of countless hours spent time throwing away.. However what bothers me is the question many brought up. Did Counter-Strike actually cause me any harm? or was it just an excuse to get away.. get away from reality.. and simply throw myself into a world that does not exist. A world with no effect on reality and yet consumed so much of it in the end. I began playing with the thought that it was just a dumb game but the problem lies when the game takes over. The game becomes who you are and all you do is play. The more you win, the more the game wins and a hobby turns into a habit.. The habit then becomes an obsession so compelling that you eventually spend more time on the game than you sleep. This was the story in my case and now I m moving on. The story is over and finally for me, the game has lost..Wondering who am I..? I m " The Rid3r ".

1 comment:

Leela said...

:O 'you' puttin an end to cs?? wats th world headin to??
thanks fr introducin me to this "cult" btw.. am indebted to u fr tht! :)
really engrossin stuff, dude.. keep postin..